Do you ever tell yourself, “This is the year I’m finally going to accomplish Goal X,” but find yourself losing steam by the end of February?
The problem with reaching our goals isn’t just about motivation and drive, it’s about staying focused no matter what distractions life throws at us.
Here are five tips for crushing your goals in 2022.
1. Be specific. State your goal in terms that are clear and concrete. For example, instead of saying “I want to lose weight this year” say, “I will lose X number of pounds in 2022 through a combination of healthy eating, physical activity, coaching and other accountability strategies.”
2. Be positive. State your goal in terms of what you want to accomplish rather than what you want to eliminate. For example, “I will take the steps I need to take to become a healthy nonsmoker beginning today,” rather than, “I want to quit smoking”.
3. State your goal as a process rather than a static result. Although it’s great to envision a clear end point, most goals don’t happen overnight. A big goal like completing an education degree or changing careers can take months or years. “Day by day, I do all the appropriate things I need to do that are bringing me closer and closer to accomplishing my goal”.
4. Make a visual representation. This can be as simple as a notecard with your goal written on it. Or a picture or photograph. You can also go wild with creating a more elaborate vision board. Whatever you do, put it somewhere you will see it every day.
5. Tell someone! This is important. We’re less likely to give up on our goals if we’ve told other people what we’re up to. Let your friends, family, and coworkers know what you’re aiming to achieve. You can even ask people you trust to help you by holding you accountable.
It’s good to have goals. They can challenge us to learn and grow in ways we may not have thought possible. As long as we pursue our goals with loving care and respect for ourselves and others, we can achieve pretty much whatever we set our minds to.
If you would like to learn more about how hypnosis can help support you in achieving your goals, schedule a free call with me today!